– FirstStep Poster Advisor
The FirstStep Poster Advisor is designed to help employers comply with the poster requirements of several laws administered by the Department of Labor (DOL). These laws require employers to display official DOL posters where employees can readily observe them. DOL provides the posters at no cost to employers.
The Poster Advisor only provides information about Federal DOL poster requirements.
You may want to contact your State Department of Labor to obtain information about your state’s requirements.
The FirstStep Poster Advisor is one of a series of elaws (Employment Laws Assistance for Workers and Small Businesses) Advisors developed by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to help employers and employees understand their rights and responsibilities under Federal employment laws. To view the entire list of elaws Advisors please visit the elaws website.
Wage and Hour Posters
Fair Labor Standards Act
- Federal Minimum Wage
- American Samoa Federal Minimum Wage Poster (PDF)
- The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Poster (PDF)
- Notice to Workers with Disabilities/Special Minimum Wage (PDF)
- State and Local Governments under the Fair Labor Standards Act (PDF)
- Worker Rights Under Executive Order 13658: Federal Minimum Wage for Contractors (PDF)
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers (PDF) Spanish (PDF)
Family and Medical Leave
- Worker Rights Under Executive Order 13706: Paid Sick Leave for Federal Contractors (effective January 1, 2017)
- Migrant and Seasonal Worker Protection Act- English/Spanish
Lie Detector Tests
- elaws Poster Advisor can be used to determine which poster(s) employers are required to display at their place(s) of business. Posters, available in English and other languages, may be downloaded and printed directly from the Advisor.
- Workplace Poster Requirements for Small Businesses and Other Employers
- Order DOL Poster Package, includes FLSA, FMLA, OSH Act, EEO & EPPA posters.